Today feels like Friday. I know that its not. But it feels like Friday. I know that its not because I am not wearing green. Friday is the first Rider game of the season and I would for sure be sporting my team colours. No. Today is Thursday and in fact Rider Game Day Eve.
I also know that today is not Friday because I still have to go to work today. I am a piano teacher and today, Thursday, is in fact the last day of my work year. No worries, this Crazy Music Lady Football Fanatic is in fact game day ready. There is a watermelon sitting on my counter ready to be sliced and diced. It is not large enough to fit on my head.
I was also lucky enough to stumble upon a new game day treat. I stopped at the Co-Op gas station on Fairlight Drive in gale force winds yesterday. I was in the “full service” lane and dashed into the convenience store to grab a drink and stumbled up…… *drum roll* …… the Weston Undressed chips. They are plain ripple chips made for dipping.
Dipping in what? I don’t know. Perhaps there is also Dressler Dipsy-Doodle Dip. Or Getzlaf Gerkin Dip. Or Odell Onion Dip. Or Heenan Humas. But I didn’t see any of those. I have to admit they are pretty good idea’s. I should be in marketing.
Anyhow, on this Eve of CFL football, I am slightly reflective on my blogs from last year. I feel that I came on pretty strong. In fact, there’s one that kind of scares me when I re-read it. I admit I had extremely high expectations. All those hopes were dashed after a very dismal season. But I feel very encouraged for this year. I like Coach Chamblin. He’s taken charge of his team. He hasn’t let the media get in his face. Bravo!
I don’t feel threatened about the Fantuz-Burris thing either. I felt that we didn’t need Fantuz last year and we certainly don’t need him now. Like my Mom quipped, “He can take his flakes and leave.” We vote you off the island! There’s a new #83 in Riderville in Sinorice Moss. There’s also a new Clermont, #82 Justin Harper, and a new Szarka, #33 Louis Rankin. See, it was time to move on last year, but we just kept trying to hang on to that 2007/09/10 team.
Let’s not only turn the page on last year, but close the book.
So my plan for tomorrow, which is indeed Friday, is to visit the Rider store and pick up my very own Canada Day “Patriotic Love” Rider tee shirt, carve some watermelon and eat some Dressler chips. Because that’s what this Crazy Music Lady Football Fanatic does on her first day of summer holidays.
Happy Canada Day!
5. FANS NEED TO RELAX. Calling for coaches and management to be fired after three games is crazy. Without a coaching staff or GM where would the club be then, huh? Its not realistic no matter how passionate you feel about it.
4. Ryan Dinwiddie is NOT the starting Quarterback. Darian Durant was given the job three years ago. If our 2nd string QB sucked no one would be calling for Double D to get yanked.
3. WHERE THE HECK IS OUR RUNNING GAME? Why aren’t we using Wes Cates? Why do they keep trying to use him as a receiver? Why isn’t Durant using his feet? Let’s stop trying to go to the air and get some points off our feet. It tires out the oppositions defense and it keeps ours off the field…..isn’t that our goal?
2. GET OVER IT. Fantuz is gone. Bagg is injured. SO WHAT? Its old news. We know they are gone. They did not make the team what it was alone. Everyone needs to move on especially the media.
1. Mustache’s are cool. Without a doubt, Eddie Johnson is the coolest kicker/punter in the league.